Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Meanings of Life

The Meanings of Life

 

Introduction

May I ask you all a question

              if I may be so bold?

I’m starting to wonder and question life

              now that I’m getting old.

I was wondering if you could tell me,

              in your own words if you like,

of anecdotes and experiences

              about this game called life.

 

Opinions

Colonel Sanders of Kentucky

              see the young as lucky;

“when I was a lad we never had

              the privilege of going mad.”

 

The lady who inhabits Kensington Hall

              feels peasants shouldn’t grow above six feet tall;

“I remember days when peasants cold

              wouldn’t dare to live beyond thirty years old.”

 

Posthumously Mr. Bracknell entered

              an opinion which was presented

on the accumulation of wealth,

              but alas he neglected his health.

 

Jenny Summers, 17,

              longs to be a beauty queen;

“I feel that looks are everything

              in the quest for the diamond wedding ring.”

 

Conclusion

Now that I’ve heard your answers

              let me give one of my own,

for it seems although we’re different

              we’re not in this alone.

I hope you’re not offended

              as I give my opinion,

‘cause to tell you the honest truth

              I think you’re all quite wrong!

 

There is no point living in the past,

              you cannot segregate into class,

money cannot buy happiness,

              and looks only appeal to the shallowest.

                            (but that’s just my opinion!)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment