Friday, July 10, 2009

Elegy for the Lost

Elegy for the Lost

I took a trip a while ago
    to a mystical far off land,
that was run by a magical platypus,
    who held within his hand
the much sought after meaning of life,
    and yet he never let on.
To all who questioned he would say
    "it's time that you moved on."

As many left others would enter
    and spend their time so grand,
carefree they'd play and run and laugh
    in the mystical far off land,
but inevitably their time would come
    when they'd ask about his hand,
and the platypus would look down and say,
    "it's time you left this land."

I spent my time on swings eating sweets,
    until one day it dawned;
I had no purpose, what was it about,
    the platypus said "you were warned,
you've spent your first few years with me,
    the times you had were good,
but once you start to question
    you must leave your childhood."

My memories of that land are fond
    as I look in the eyes of my child,
but I know too soon her time will come,
    and one day she will cry;
"I think my life is meaningless,
    I can't play all my life,
there must be something more than this,
    what is the meaning of life?"

A few years ago,
    before my mind was raped,
        I could fly without inhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment