Thursday, July 09, 2009

Ecco Homo

Ecco Homo

Angels have fucked demons in my head
while I stared tears at the television set.
What am I, and what am I supposed to be?

Car crashes and dances strobe through my dreams
blinding all rumours of two thousand years.
Who am I, and who am I supposed to be?

Clouds shadow past in a moon filled sky
as a crown of thorns eats and cuts and bleeds in my eye.
Who am I, and what is meant by "INRI?

Who are the crowds with questioning face
who hold a Barabbas in such condemned grace?
Who are they and what do they want from me?

Where is my father when I call out his name?
Where are the seraphim who sing me insane?
Where am I, and where am I supposed to be?

What form takes the traitor who plots my end?
Certainly not serpent ouroboros friend.
Where are you and why won't you let me see?

Am I doomed to drown in a prophecy of fire
in some hope of exultation and promises higher?
Who am I, and who did so decree?

No comments:

Post a Comment